Brian Dickinson is an author and motivational speaker. He served for six years as a US Navy Air Rescue Swimmer and has climbed in expeditions on the highest peaks of all seven continents. He wrote a book called Blind Descent in which he recounts the single most harrowing story that you may ever hear. On the podcast he details out the blind descent from summiting Mt. Everest solo. No hype needed, this is one of the most incredible stories of survival that I have ever heard and am so grateful that he shared his story with us.
Guest: Connect with Brian Dickinson by going to his website, http://www.briandickinson.net/ and reading his book Blind Descent: Surviving Alone and Blind on Mount Everest and follow him on the Twitters – @BrianCDickinson, Instagram – @BrianCDickinson or check out some of his epic videos on YouTube.
- Phantom vibration syndrome
- USN Rescue Swimmer School
- US Navy Aircrew Training- Pensacola Helicopter Dunker
- Seven Summits
- Denali–Mount McKinley naming dispute
- Death Zone
- No. 1 Most Extreme and Dangerous Airport: Lukla Tenzing-Hillary Airport, Nepal
- The Himalayan Database
- Blind Descent: Surviving Alone and Blind on Mount Everest
- Torres del Paine National Park